[Spridgets] Thermostat housing removal

Subject: [Spridgets] Thermostat housing removal
From: haynes386 at netzero.net (Mark Haynes)
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 15:08:39 GMT
What's the list's combined expertise on removing the thermostat housing once
it seems stuck forever? The thermostat on the BE needs changing (it's only 23
years old at the least), and the aluminum housing doesn't want to budge. I
don't want to bodge it using a hammer, etc., placing a 3/4" shaft into the
outlet doesn't help it move, using a gasket scraper and a hammer to try to get
under it is of no avail.

The new gas tank is in, and I'm changing out the suspension bumpers in the
rear after trimming the new ones down an inch (I had 15/16" of unladen
clearance), and really want to get this taken care of so that I can drive it
once the mud is gone!

Mark Haynes
It only goes one way-Pay it Forward
HAN6L12977