Re: [Spridgets] NFI - 1967 Saab Sonnet ii - $2750

To: Spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net> s=q20121106; t=1372394831; bh=0PSK+WyOj2AXU3934H5DfS9laoTdE6beG7F+/FOIbQM=; h=Received:Received:Content-Type:Mime-Version:Subject:From:Date: Message-Id:To; b=VfeWitrYJj4wYXd3rqAGSFmvrCnb1ADY2sjJkLKGKZetFdJgeYK3BFNEbwMvsp5dg qYEWOoKBrNzaaEhhoaF2v55Q60f2a/lMYqTBnXxzS+NGzYigyHgEmIYScnKkcT++ay DkUPBOa2q1hE1ZBvJP+fj9jGdh51vyhHqKw1Rk4TiLTnRncC2jv1Ud+vzVsNPYwv+f XoJeTS4CDx6HAmGQJ9ZON17apGymDbeASin+wt718XusSgWbto3JnFH8wvkFIp0N2u 0OiaiHucHne9y5aC6PJ+ifd2An0z+IABhWMoqPJNJOB3r4gF0WdVTYqqedsXrVR/dW xbYfwjdfBELIg==
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] NFI - 1967 Saab Sonnet ii - $2750
From: Lester <oldsaabguy@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 23:47:09 -0500
Close.. the "Shrike" was an advertising name for the SAAB 96 2 stroke in '68.
Yes, it had an 820cc (Down from 850cc) engine with a big yellow dot on it to
verify that it was the small displacement engine.  The Sonett (Model 97 ) in
'67 was the 850 cc engine with some extra horses coaxed out of it with a
triple carb, full web crank, dual fuel pumps, and I believe different porting.
They don't weigh very much and are a real giggle to drive.  And when properly
set up with the right oil ratio/right oil they only smoke a little.. here's
mine on the dyno:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzcP5vDdGrk

Lester

http://www.nadaguides.com/Classic-Cars/1967/Saab/Sonett-II/2-Door-Sport-Coup