Re: [Spridgets] Tire Size

To: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Tire Size
From: Larry Macy <lmacy@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 08:30:58 -0400
Cc: Spridgets net <spridgets@autox.team.net>
I think you all missed the point.

The STD Midget wheel is a 4 wide wheel. He has a 5 wide wheel. 155s will
not fit. Well you could mount them and they will be wider at the wheel than on
the contact patch. This causes excessive wear on the edges. And are not the
right size for the wheel. I would recommend nothing less that a 165/70 for
that size wheel. A better bet would be a 175/60 or /50 But I dont think you
can find them in less than a race tire. On a 5 wheel I would go for a 175/70
and consider rolling the fender lips. I never did, and I never regretted it,
but I only had 4.5 wide wheels, I would have loved those 5 wide ones.

Oh and one more NSHO. Forget that cheap as I can find tire. Every one gets all
so excited about making sure the brakes work, and they are right, then put the
cheapest POS rubber on the road. I dont care if your brakes will lock up your
rotational parts in one millisecond or 10. If the rubber is cheap, it will not
hold the road. You dont need the most expensive race tires, you just need
good tires. Let the rusting buckets pay the a**holes that sell the crap tires.
The tire is the last place between you and the road. Is that where you really
want to save a couple of $$??

Larry, The Tire Guy

options/spridgets/ridleymj@**brant.net<http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/

options/spridgets/derf247@**gmail.com<http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/s
pridgets/derf247@gmail.com>

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/lmacy@mac.com

--

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@upenn.edu

Don't you love it when your brain knows what's right, and your fingers don't
listen?

spridgets@autox.team.net

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive