[Spridgets] Dung Forged Electrics

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Dung Forged Electrics
From: HealeyRick <healeyrik@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 11:36:46 -0400
Been awhile since we've had a good Chinese made part rant.  The low beams
in the big Healey stopped working and I originally thought I might have
knocked loose a connection to the dash mounted dip switch while I was
removing, cleaning and regreasing the wiper cable boxes.  Working under the
dash isn't as easy as it used to be, but I found all the connections
intact.  After about an hour of probing the power lines with a test light,
where do you think the fault was?  No, not any of the 50 year old Lucas
stuff.  Turns out it was the Song Chuan relay that was in the heavy duty
wiring harness from LMC Truck (aka Vicky Brit) that I installed for the
halogen headlamps about a year ago.  Turns out the relays aren't waterproof
and rust internally.  Going to give it another shot, with some dielectric
grease on the connections and RTV around the housing.  Sheesh.

spridgets@autox.team.net

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive