Re: [Spridgets] SU restoration person

To: corvallis@peoplepc.com, spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] SU restoration person
From: Mark <mark@nashvilletn.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 19:32:01 -0600
I had Joe rebuild a set of H6's for a Healey 100 Le Mans Kit and he did
a very good mechanical job, they worked fine.  But, it you are looking
for cosmetic restoration as well, not so great.  I was able to shine
them up and got along fine but it was an expensive process and I
expected more for the price.  Since then I have done several pair of
HS2's and HS4's with parts from Peter and with a little patience I can
do just about as well.  The one thing that I hear about is re-bushing
the throttle shafts but I have yet to find any significant wear on the
H2 body, all of the wear has all been in the brass shafts which are
easily replaceable.  I would suggest you spend a few bucks for rebuild
kits and shafts and give it a try, you will save several hundred bucks
which will buy a bunch of beer.

Mark
Nashville

spridgets@autox.team.net