Re: [Spridgets] Season's Greetings

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Season's Greetings
From: pcasey--- via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2015 2:32:52 +0000
Aloha all- My Bugeye and I will be out for a run to Aloha Stadium in Honolulu
this Sunday- hopefully we will have a Sunday without rain, as I'm not keen on
taking it out when it is wet.  We're going to a SCCA Solo event- I'll be
sharing the competition driving chores in a supercharged MG Midget with its
owner, and the Bugeye will be watching from the sidelines.

While I have your ears (eyes), I wanted to ask you folks for your
recommendations. I'm almost finished with a complete restoration/renovation of
this '60 Bugeye, it looks original on the outside- the body was stripped to
bare metal and painted Old English White, new body chrome, and completely new
interior- red vinyl w/white piping (from AH Spares), new top bows, decent vinyl
top, and brand new side curtains and fittings.  I've updated the suspension
(the front spindles/hubs have PROPERLY set up roller bearings), and MKII brakes
on all 4 corners.  I've replaced the 948 with a "period appearing" freshly
rebuilt 1275 (w/HS2 SUs on an alloy head), a rib case with new layshaft,
laygear, and bearings, a 3.9:1 diff with Huffaker rear axles, and five Minator
13x5 wheels with new tires.  It's clean, strong, looks fresh off the assembly
line, and is a hoot to drive, with the 1275 giving it a rejuvenated snap the
948 lacked.

I have too many projects in my job jar, not enough room in my garage, and I
have to find a new home for it- I would like to ask for your individual and
collective advice what's the best way to find an appreciative new owner?
Finding one here in Hawaii is problematic, as most of the LBC crowd here are
like me: looking to find the neglected orphan with potential to be turned into
a Princess.  Should I try to sell it myself on the usual sites, C.L., BAT,
E.B., or would it be wiser to ship it off to a reputable exotic car house on
concession? Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated!  In the next few days I
hope to post some of the photos taken during, and after, the renovation, and
invite you all to have a look.

Happy New Year to you all!

Patrick
Kailua, HI