Re: [Spridgets] Bugeye Windscreen Replacement

To: dwoerpel <dwoerpel@wi.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Bugeye Windscreen Replacement
From: Linda Grunthaner via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 05:58:32 -0500
Cc: Spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>

--e89a8f64702191465a050d3b8dc1

Wow you guys are good, great comparison photo of that windshield rubber,
"hey that's my head in that other photo" ......LOL.
Yes let us know about the seal you get so I can list it when I need it. I
remember a photo of Frank at that glass shop somewhere in a Holy Sprite
album and dread the day I replace mine but I will track that shop down and
have them do it . I often wonder when MOSS will get their act together and
stock parts that fit, as they must know by now their stock is awful, how do
they stay in business with all those returned parts?

I sure miss the rants Frank would post about MOSS I have a list of some of
the funniest mocks of MOSS that Frank posted in my garage to cheer me up
when frustrated with any repair. Boy he had the best humor and it was so
helpful when making a repair by yourself you cut your fingers or smashed
your knuckles and your ready to give up, then you read the rants, smile,
touch your heart and walk away from the project and ask your friends here
on the list for some advice on the repair.
I sure miss you guys I need to travel to an OSHIT event this spring keep me
posted I have a little truck now : )
Lin

On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 12:01 AM, dwoerpel via Spridgets <
spridgets@autox.team.net> wrote:

>  Jim is correct.  We found that the strip that fits in the groove to lock
> the rubber seal in was not the correct size.  The seal itself did not fit
> into the corners of the windscreen very well either.  See picture.  Let us
> know who has the correct size rubber pieces!!!
>
> BTW, the proper procedure for compressing the front springs so one can
> fasten the top trunnion bolts is to use Jim Johnson (2nd picture).  ;-)
>
> Dave W.
>

> On 1/19/2015 11:37 PM, bmwwxman . via Spridgets wrote:
>
> Leo is right.  We went through this with the Holy Sprite.  The Moss rubber
> was bad...  The glass shop in Toms River called it "bootleg rubber"
>
>  Cheers!!
> Jim
>
> On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 8:13 PM, Cebridge via Spridgets <
> spridgets@autox.team.net> wrote:
>
>>  Moss is shit!! Ah spares had the best rubber i could find when did
>> mine.  Used a glass shop to install it as i didnt want to risk cracking it
>> and they had the right tools
>>
>>  Leo
>>

>> On Jan 19, 2015, at 7:30 PM, fogbro1--- via Spridgets <
>> spridgets@autox.team.net> wrote:
>>
>>   Hello List,
>>
>> Can anyone point me to a good "how to" on Bugeye glass replacement?
>>
>> Is there a preferred vendor for the seal(s) and glass?
>>
>> TIA,
>>
>> Ed Woods
>>

> ------------------------
>
> spridgets@autox.team.net
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/grunthaner@gmail.com

--e89a8f64702191465a050d3b8dc1

shield rubber, &quot;hey that&#39;s my head in that other photo&quot; .....=
.LOL.=C2=A0<br><div>Yes let us know about the seal you get so I can list it=
 when I need it. I remember a photo of Frank at that glass shop somewhere i=
n a Holy Sprite album and dread the day I replace mine but I will track tha=
t shop down and have them do it . I often wonder when MOSS will get their a=
ct together and stock parts that fit, as they must know by now their stock =
is awful, how do they stay in business with all those returned parts?</div>=
e a list of some of the funniest mocks of MOSS that Frank posted in my gara=
ge to cheer me up when frustrated with any repair. Boy he had the best humo=
r and it was so helpful when making a repair by yourself you cut your finge=
rs or smashed your knuckles and your ready to give up, then you read the ra=
nts, smile, touch your heart and walk away from the project and ask your fr=
iends here on the list for some advice on the repair.</div><div>I sure miss=
 you guys I need to travel to an OSHIT event this spring keep me posted I h=
l_quote">On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 12:01 AM, dwoerpel via Spridgets <span dir=
=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:spridgets@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_blank">=
l_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left=
:1ex">
 =20
   =20
 =20
      strip that fits in the groove to lock the rubber seal in was not
      the correct size.=C2=A0 The seal itself did not fit into the corners =
of
      the windscreen very well either.=C2=A0 See picture.=C2=A0 Let us know=
 who
      has the correct size rubber pieces!!!<br>
      BTW, the proper procedure for compressing the front springs so one
      can fasten the top trunnion bolts is to use Jim Johnson (2nd
      picture).=C2=A0 ;-)<br>
      Dave W.<span class=3D""><br>
      On 1/19/2015 11:37 PM, bmwwxman . via Spridgets wrote:<br>
ly
        Sprite.=C2=A0 The Moss rubber was bad...=C2=A0 The glass shop in To=
ms
        River called it &quot;bootleg rubber&quot; =C2=A0<br>
          Jim</div>
          Cebridge via Spridgets <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:sp=
ridgets@autox.team.net" target=3D"_blank">spridgets@autox.team.net</a>&gt;<=
/span>
          wrote:<br>
er-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
                find when did mine.=C2=A0 Used a glass shop to install it a=
                i didnt want to risk cracking it and they had the right
                tools</div>
                    On Jan 19, 2015, at 7:30 PM, fogbro1--- via
                    Spridgets &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:spridgets@autox.team.ne=
t" target=3D"_blank">spridgets@autox.team.net</a>&gt;
                    wrote:<br>
#000000">