Re: [Spridgets] VIN number issue

To: Bob Spruck <raspruck@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] VIN number issue
From: derf via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 21:02:15 -0500
Cc: Spridget list <Spridgets@autox.team.net>

--001a11c3872cf1ae160511ff2b50

Many Spridgets were kept over by dealers and sold as later year models.
Since there were little or no changes, a 1959 could have been sold new in
1960 as a 1960 or 1961 model.

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 8:30 PM, Bob Spruck via Spridgets <
spridgets@autox.team.net> wrote:

>  On a Bugeye I am interested in, I have discovered an apparent anomaly in
> the year and VIN. The car has no VIN plate but is considered to be a 1961
> Mk1 and has been registered in two states as such. However, the VIN is
> listed on both registrations as AN5L xxxx. Since they made, what, 59,000
> Bugeyes and ended in 1961, a car considered a '61 should have a five digit
> number, somewhere approaching 59,000. If the four digit number is correct,
> it should be, I expect, maybe a '59.
>
> Is there any other place that the VIN appears? Or any other way of
> determining the true VIN number or true year of manufacture?
>
> Perhaps I should just leave well enough alone?
>
> Bob Spruck
> Sharpsburg, GA
>
> '72 Midget
> '67 Midget Vintage Racer
> Maybe a '59 or '61 Bugeye
>

> ------------------------
>
> spridgets@autox.team.net
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/derf247@gmail.com

--001a11c3872cf1ae160511ff2b50

 year models.=C2=A0 Since there were little or no changes, a 1959 could hav=
"gmail_extra"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 8:30 P=
M, Bob Spruck via Spridgets <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:spridge=
ts@autox.team.net" target=3D"_blank">spridgets@autox.team.net</a>&gt;</span=
> wrote:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;bo=
rder-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
 =20

   =20
 =20
        have discovered an apparent anomaly in the year and VIN. The car
        has no VIN plate but is considered to be a 1961 Mk1 and has been
        registered in two states as such. However, the VIN is listed on
        both registrations as AN5L xxxx. Since they made, what, 59,000
        Bugeyes and ended in 1961, a car considered a &#39;61 should have a
        five digit number, somewhere approaching 59,000. If the four
        digit number is correct, it should be, I expect, maybe a &#39;59. <=
br>
        Is there any other place that the VIN appears? Or any other way
        of determining the true VIN number or true year of manufacture?<br>
        Perhaps I should just leave well enough alone?<br>
        Bob Spruck<br>
        Sharpsburg, GA <br>
        &#39;72 Midget<br>
        &#39;67 Midget Vintage Racer<br>