Re: [Spridgets] VIN number issue

To: Bob Spruck <raspruck@gmail.com>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] VIN number issue
From: CosmicMag1380 via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 15:11:03 -0400

--001a113429104073c005120d8b18

On the left side of the firewall (as you look at it from the front of the
car) look closely for a steel tab that originally held the wiring loom in
place. After locating it, start searching for the body number that is
lightly stamped into the metal. IIRC it is above that tab and maybe off to
the left a little. It the car has been painted a time or tow, it may be
difficult to find. All of the Bugeyes had a number there and even though it
does not match the SN of the vehicle, it will be in the ballpark. Most of
them are off by up to 300 or so. If you get the British Heritage
Certificate, I understand that the body number will be on it as well as the
SN.

Kent

--
Kent
1960 Bugeye

--001a113429104073c005120d8b18

rom the front of the car) look closely for a steel tab that originally held=
 the wiring loom in place. After locating it, start searching for the body =
number that is lightly stamped into the metal. IIRC it is above that tab an=
d maybe off to the left a little. It the car has been painted a time or tow=
, it may be difficult to find. All of the Bugeyes had a number there and ev=
en though it does not match the SN of the vehicle, it will be in the ballpa=
rk. Most of them are off by up to 300 or so. If you get the British Heritag=
e Certificate, I understand that the body number will be on it as well as t=
via Spridgets <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:spridgets@autox.team.=
lockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px =
#ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
 =20

   =20
 =20
        have discovered an apparent anomaly in the year and VIN. The car
        has no VIN plate but is considered to be a 1961 Mk1 and has been
        registered in two states as such. However, the VIN is listed on
        both registrations as AN5L xxxx. Since they made, what, 59,000
        Bugeyes and ended in 1961, a car considered a &#39;61 should have a
        five digit number, somewhere approaching 59,000. If the four
        digit number is correct, it should be, I expect, maybe a &#39;59. <=
br>
        Is there any other place that the VIN appears? Or any other way
        of determining the true VIN number or true year of manufacture?<br>
        Perhaps I should just leave well enough alone?<br>
        Bob Spruck<br>
        Sharpsburg, GA <br>
        &#39;72 Midget<br>
        &#39;67 Midget Vintage Racer<br>
        Maybe a &#39;59 or &#39;61 Bugeye<br>

//www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive"; target=3D"_blank">http://w=
ww.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums"; target=3D"_blank">http://www=
.team.net/forums</a><br>
ets/cosmicmag1380@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailma=
n/options/spridgets/cosmicmag1380@gmail.com</a><br>
pridget parts!</div><div>2010 Arrow shed full of excess spridget parts!!!</=

--001a113429104073c005120d8b18--

--===============0982616857696063684==

spridgets@autox.team.net

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive