Re: [Spridgets] Brand new Facet fuel pump problem, no power.

To: "K. Valentine" <kevin@valentinephoto.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Brand new Facet fuel pump problem, no power.
From: Linda Grunthaner via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2015 08:27:43 -0400
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>

--001a113f8eee4efe19051bb23f77

Thanks Kevin I'll try that and it's a 1275 in a 62 Spridget so no not
factory electrical pump. Also why isn't anyone using a stock mechanical
pump? I may swap back in the near future.
Lin

On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 10:26 AM, Kevin Valentine <kevinv1275@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Yes, it should get 12 volts with the key on.
>
> If you don't get a reading using the power wire and the ground wire, try
> connecting the leads to the power wire and ground the other to the body of
> the car.  If you get a reading using the body as a ground then you have a
> bad ground at the tank.
>
> Also, if the car was wired for an electric fuel pump at the factory, it
> should have a white wire (on when the ignition is on) for the power supply
> to the pump.  Of course the wire you have could have been added or changed
> before you got the car.
>
> Kevin V.
> Tuscarora, Pa
>

> On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 7:14 AM, Linda Grunthaner <grunthaner@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Kevin,
>> That is the type of answer I am looking for. Now I don't want to sound
>> stupid but will I get a 12 volt read if I place the multimeter leads one at
>> the red power line and one at the black ground line and turn the key (which
>> I will try this boring before work)?
>> Lin
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 10:54 PM, Kevin Valentine <kevinv1275@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Lin,
>>>
>>> First thing, check the wire at the fuel pump with a meter or test light
>>> to see if you have power there when the key is on.
>>>
>>> If there is power at the pump with the key on,   then either the ground
>>> is bad at the pump or the pump is bad.
>>>
>>> Kevin V.
>>> Tuscarora, Pa

>> --
>> "Pay if forward" in honor of Frank Clarici III, Spritenut

--
"Pay if forward" in honor of Frank Clarici III, Spritenut

--001a113f8eee4efe19051bb23f77

 Spridget so no not factory electrical pump. Also why isn&#39;t anyone usin=
g a stock mechanical pump? I may swap back in the near future.<div>Lin</div=
l 24, 2015 at 10:26 AM, Kevin Valentine <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"ma=
ilto:kevinv1275@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">kevinv1275@gmail.com</a>&gt;</=
span> wrote:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8e=
x;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div dir=3D"ltr">Yes, it sho=
&#39;t get a reading using the power wire and the ground wire, try connecti=
ng the leads to the power wire and ground the other to the body of the car.=
=C2=A0 If you get a reading using the body as a ground then you have a bad =
ectric fuel pump at the factory, it should have a white wire (on when the i=
gnition is on) for the power supply to the pump.=C2=A0 Of course the wire y=
ou have could have been added or changed before you got the car.</div><div>=
"gmail_quote">On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 7:14 AM, Linda Grunthaner <span dir=
=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:grunthaner@gmail.com"; target=3D"_blank">grun=
 style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><d=
iv dir=3D"ltr">Hi Kevin,<div>That is the type of answer I am looking for. N=
ow I don&#39;t want to sound stupid but will I get a 12 volt read if I plac=
e the multimeter leads one at the red power line and one at the black groun=
d line and turn the key (which I will try this boring before work)?=C2=A0</=
=3D"gmail_quote">On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 10:54 PM, Kevin Valentine <span di=
r=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:kevinv1275@gmail.com"; target=3D"_blank">kev=
" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><=
fuel pump with a meter or test light to see if you have power there when th=
with the key on, =C2=A0 then either the ground is bad at the pump or the pu=
 Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 9:32 PM, Linda Grunthaner via Spridgets <span dir=3D"=
ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:spridgets@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_blank">spri=
=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padd=
my Sprite&#39;s fuel tank dry after driving her without a problem over the =
weekend a short distance. It was my fault as I swapped to my old loose gas =
cap during the day because it was &quot;pretty&quot; (for me pretty stupid)=
 and that allowed the fuel tank with little gas to dry out. My Sprite ran f=
ine until there was no fuel while sitting in the driveway today. I know my =
old 2 yr old Facet pump is dead because it no longer makes any noise =C2=A0=
/div><div>I quickly went to the NAPA store and purchased another near exact=
 Facet pump &quot;Posi-Flow&quot; and installed it to the exact location as=
 the broken one. I connected everything exactly as the previous pump and pu=
t 2 gallons of gas in the tank, l reinstalled the rear wheel lowered the ja=
ck and reconnected the battery terminal. I turned the key and I get nothing=
, no sound what-so-ever. I have headlights the starter works and the blinke=
rs too but I hear nothing out of the pump which is usually loud from inside=
rong with the old one but I put 12 volts on it with another battery and not=
 I&#39;m going to run another ground wire from the black ground on the pump=
 directly to the negative terminal of the battery to be sure I have contact=
 for ground as it is only connected to the bolt as the prior pump was and I=
 will also run another wire to the red power on the pump directly to the po=
sitive terminal of the battery. Other than that I&#39;m stumped. I&#39;ll a=
ing? Could the pump be bad? I&#39;m guessing yes but a long shot.</div><div=
=3D"ltr"><span style=3D"font-size:small">&quot;Pay if forward&quot; in hono=
ox.team.net</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer" target=
=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums"; rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D=
"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
ets/kevinv1275@gmail.com" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox=
.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/kevinv1275@gmail.com</a><br>
r=3D"ltr"><span style=3D"font-size:small">&quot;Pay if forward&quot; in hon=
=3D"gmail_signature"><div dir=3D"ltr"><span style=3D"font-size:small">&quot=
;Pay if forward&quot; in honor of Frank Clarici III, Spritenut</span><br></=
div></div>

--001a113f8eee4efe19051bb23f77--

--===============6507904802710141118==

spridgets@autox.team.net