[Spridgets] Bugeye steering wheel hub

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] Bugeye steering wheel hub
From: Bob Spruck via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2016 20:20:38 -0400
--===============0364005011665454861==
 boundary="------------24A29C27B9E170A9C4294DA0"

--------------24A29C27B9E170A9C4294DA0

Well, it's happened again. I got myself in a Bugeye bind.

My new Bugeye came with a beautiful Lempert solid wood steering wheel.
Problem was it was15" in diameter and made it difficult to get in the
car. I bought a 13" leather Mountney wheel and hub from Mini-Mania and
told them that the Bugeye shaft has a 5/8" diam spline, all other years
are 3/4" and M-M assured me their hub would fit. I then sold the Lempert
wheel and hub to a Lister. Of course, when I received the hub, it didn't
fit. Now I have a car with no steering wheel hub but a nice wheel.

Have any of you replaced a steering wheel on your Bugeye?  If so, where
did you get the hub? The Mountney wheel has a center hole of 3 12" and a
six hole bolt circle of 4". I've already asked 7 Enterprises, Moss, and
VB - no luck. One option would be to cut off the 5/8" spline and weld on
a 3/4" one from one of my parts cars. I also have a solid shaft with the
larger spline but don't know what year car it came from and whether it
will be a direct exchange with the Bugeye shaft. Any experience here?

The way things have been going, I'm reluctant to start any new projects
with the fear that they will turn bad. Any experiences or suggestions
will be most welcome.

Bob Spruck

--------------24A29C27B9E170A9C4294DA0

  <head>

  </head>
        myself in a Bugeye bind. <br>
        My new Bugeye came with a beautiful Lempert solid wood steering
        wheel. Problem was it was15" in diameter and made it difficult
        to get in the car. I bought a 13" leather Mountney wheel and hub
        from Mini-Mania and  told them that the B</font></font><font
      size="+1"><font face="Arial">ugeye shaft has a 5/8" diam spline,
        face="Arial">M-M assured me their hub would fit. I </font></font><font
            sold the Lempert wheel and hub to a Lister. </font></font>Of
        course, when I received the hub, it didn't fit. Now I have a car
        with no steering wheel hub but a nice wheel.<br>
        Have any of you replaced a steering wheel on your Bugeye?  If
        so, where did you get the hub? The Mountney wheel has a center
        hole of 3 12" and a six hole bolt circle of 4". I've already
        asked 7 Enterprises, Moss, and VB - no luck. One option would be
        to cut off the 5/8" spline and weld on a 3/4" one from one of my
        parts cars. I also have a solid shaft with the larger spline but
        don't know what year car it came from and whether it will be a
        direct exchange with the Bugeye shaft. Any experience here?<br>
        The way things have been going, I'm reluctant to start any new
        projects with the fear that they will turn bad. Any experiences
        or suggestions will be most welcome.<br>
        Bob Spruck<br>

spridgets@autox.team.net

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============0364005011665454861==--