[Spridgets] chassis paint

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] chassis paint
From: Mike Rambour via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2016 11:25:11 -0700
Sorry for the repeat, I didnt see this message on the list.

    What is the preferred paint these days for chassis paint, well ok
there isn't a real frame so underbody paint.

   I spent $180 at Eastwood getting their epoxy primer and chassis black
ceramic paint and no way that is near enough paint to do the underbody.
I am happy with the way what I did looks, shot around the wheel wells
and other areas that might be seen but the part that no one sees but the
road I have to find something less expensive and maybe even thicker for
better protection.  I had thought of POR15 but that seems overkill also,
I need good rust protection now that the rust is gone, something chip
resistant would be great.  I am thinking some kind of rubbery paint
would be better.  My last car had a actual frame and wooden floor boards
so I used chassis black and varnish on it, this one of course does not
have a full frame and not sure what to use.

   Not a show car, but has to look like one :)  Son-in-law actually is
hoping to daily drive this thing and wants it to look good, but will
never be shown.  Body will be painted in what I hope to be a good 7ft.
paint job, I generally can do a good 10ft. paint job but i am hoping to
do better this time around and get it down to 7ft. or so.

   Mike

--
A gun is like a parachute, if you need one but don't have it,
you'll probably never need one again.

spridgets@autox.team.net

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive