Re: [Spridgets] Is list down

To: Rick Fisk <refisk@chartermi.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Is list down
From: Brad Fornal via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 16:14:17 -0500
Cc: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, Jeff <jeffsbugeye@gmail.com>

--001a114e346a14a159053d97d817

I had a similar problem with our 68. Because of the crappy roads around
here, every 6 months or so, the muffler would come loose from the manifold.
I got fairly adept at replacing in in less than half an hour most times.
I finally took it into a small independent muffler shop, and explained my
dilemma. What he did, was to insert a smaller flanged downpipe into the
original pipe. It make a wider mounting surface, that was less prone to
pulling out of the flange. I have yet to have the pipe pull loose again,
after over a year. If the necking down has created a loss of horsepower, I
have yet to notice it. And even if I lost a small amount of power, I would
rather have that, then the continual battle with a dropped muffler pipe.

--
DON JULIO 1942

http://tequilabrad.com/

--001a114e346a14a159053d97d817

rappy roads around here, every 6 months or so, the muffler would come loose=
 from the manifold. I got fairly adept at replacing in in less than half an=
 hour most times. <br></div>I finally took it into a small independent muff=
ler shop, and explained my dilemma. What he did, was to insert a smaller fl=
anged downpipe into the original pipe. It make a wider mounting surface, th=
at was less prone to pulling out of the flange. I have yet to have the pipe=
 pull loose again, after over a year. If the necking down has created a los=
s of horsepower, I have yet to notice it. And even if I lost a small amount=
 of power, I would rather have that, then the continual battle with a dropp=
l_quote">On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 11:21 AM, Rick Fisk via Spridgets <span di=
r=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:spridgets@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_blank"=
il_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-lef=
t:1ex">Everybodies cars are running perfectly and we had nothing to report.=
Hah!=C2=A0 I replaced the donut between the exhaust pipe and manifold AGAIN=
 on my &#39;72.=C2=A0 Still leaks.=C2=A0 Argh.<br>
Sent from my keyboard<br>
&gt; On Sep 28, 2016, at 10:29 AM, Jeff via Spridgets &lt;<a href=3D"mailto=
:spridgets@autox.team.net">spridgets@autox.team.net</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Haven&#39;t seen a post for over a week.=C2=A0 Is there a problem?<br>
&gt; Jeff Kelly<br>
&gt; ------------------------<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; <a href=3D"mailto:spridgets@autox.team.net";>spridgets@autox.team.net</=
a><br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Donate: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html"; rel=3D"noreferrer"=
&gt; Suggested annual donation: $12.75<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer" ta=
rget=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
&gt; Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums"; rel=3D"noreferrer" targ=
et=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
pridgets/refisk@chartermi.net" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://=
------------------------<br>

Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer" target=
=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums"; rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D=
"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
ets/tequila.brad@gmail.com" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://aut=
br>
nature" data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signature">DON JULIO 1942<br><br><a href=3D=
"http://tequilabrad.com/"; target=3D"_blank">http://tequilabrad.com/</a></di=
v>

--001a114e346a14a159053d97d817--

--===============0258389459237654653==