Re: [Spridgets] Fuel lines for Bugeye with a 1275 engine

To: Rick Fisk <refisk@chartermi.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Fuel lines for Bugeye with a 1275 engine
From: Hal Faulkner via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 15:37:19 -0800
Cc: Spridgets <Spridgets@autox.team.net>

--000000000000e92a0105d2d3342a

Thanks for the quick reply Rick.  Pump  is mounted  just forward of the
rear axle.  Any suggestions where to source such a fuel line?

Hal

On Fri, Dec 10, 2021 at 3:32 PM Rick Fisk <refisk@chartermi.net> wrote:

> Where is your pump located?  The Bugeye originally had a steel line all
> the way from the tank to the engine mounted mechanical pump, with no rubb=
er
> hoses at all.  If your electric pump is mounted in front of the rear axle=
> would install a steel line from there to the engine with a short rubber
> hose connecting the steel line to the front carb.
>
> Rick
>
> > On Dec 10, 2021, at 6:25 PM, Hal Faulkner via Spridgets <
> spridgets@autox.team.net> wrote:
> >
> > =EF=BB=BF
> > Listerati, I am getting back on the upgrade to my Bugeye.  When I got
> the car it had a 948 engine, the fuel line was rubber from the tank
> (actually the replacement electric pump} to the engine.  Since the 1275
> doesn't have a block mounted fuel pump I need to replace the  fuel line a=
nd
> feel it would be best to use something more durable than rubber.  Any
> suggestions?
> > thanks, Hal
> >
> > ------------------------
> >
> > spridgets@autox.team.net
> >
> > Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> > Suggested annual donation: $12.75
> >
> > Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets
> http://autox.team.net/archive
> >
> > Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/refisk@chartermi.net

--000000000000e92a0105d2d3342a

mounted=C2=A0 just forward of the rear axle.=C2=A0 Any suggestions=C2=A0whe=
lass=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Fri, Dec 10, =
2021 at 3:32 PM Rick Fisk &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:refisk@chartermi.net";>refis=
tyle=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);pad=
ding-left:1ex">Where is your pump located?=C2=A0 The Bugeye originally had =
a steel line all the way from the tank to the engine mounted mechanical pum=
p, with no rubber hoses at all.=C2=A0 If your electric pump is mounted in f=
ront of the rear axle I would install a steel line from there to the engine=
 with a short rubber hose connecting the steel line to the front carb.<br>
Rick<br>
&gt; On Dec 10, 2021, at 6:25 PM, Hal Faulkner via Spridgets &lt;<a href=3D=
"mailto:spridgets@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_blank">spridgets@autox.team.ne=
t</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; =EF=BB=BF<br>
&gt; Listerati, I am getting back on the upgrade to my Bugeye.=C2=A0 When I=
 got the car it had a 948 engine, the fuel line was rubber from the tank (a=
ctually the replacement electric pump} to the engine.=C2=A0 Since the 1275 =
doesn&#39;t have a block mounted fuel pump I need to replace the=C2=A0 fuel=
 line and feel it would be best to use something more durable than rubber.=
=C2=A0 Any suggestions?<br>
&gt; thanks, Hal<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; ------------------------<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <a href=3D"mailto:spridgets@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_blank">spridget=
s@autox.team.net</a><br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Donate: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html"; rel=3D"noreferrer"=
 target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
&gt; Suggested annual donation: $12.75<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets"; rel=3D"no=
referrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets</a>=C2=
=A0 <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"=