[Spridgets] Crossing a ford

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Crossing a ford
From: Weslake1330 via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2022 14:33:40 +0000

--000000000000cb579e05d4ae6825

Hi List,

Happy New Year

Don't know if you have fords in the USA or elsewhere in the world.  Here in
the UK there are places where a small stream or brook crosses the road and
for reasons most likely lost in antiquity, no bridge over or under was
found necessary.

After a lot of wet weather a ford may be impassable to anyone with a
regular car and regular amount of common sense.  At other times when the
ford isn't in flood but an idiot in a regular car drives through it leads
to a problem!  And, when the ford is in flood and an idiot drives through
it becomes entertainment.

I forget what the UK Highway Code says about driving through a ford (except
you check your brakes by lightly applying them after safely passing through
it).  The last time I drove through a ford I was on holiday in a rental car
and took a detour to give my kids an interesting experience (never filmed
it).  I got out of the car checked the depth (between 4 and 8 inches from
memory) and drove through, very slowly.

Here's a clip of what is now a famous ford in England that his its own
Channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm3vIQgBHdA

Regards

Daniel

--000000000000cb579e05d4ae6825

iv><div>Don&#39;t know if you have fords in the USA or elsewhere in the wor=
ld.=C2=A0 Here in the UK there are places where a small stream or brook cro=
sses the road and for reasons most likely lost in antiquity, no bridge over=
weather a ford may be impassable to anyone with a regular car and regular a=
mount of common sense.=C2=A0 At other times when the ford isn&#39;t in floo=
d but an idiot in a regular car drives through it leads to a problem!=C2=A0=
 And, when the ford is in flood and an idiot drives through it becomes ente=
about driving through a ford (except you check your brakes by lightly apply=
ing them after safely passing through it).=C2=A0 The last time I drove thro=
ugh a ford I was on holiday in a rental car and took a detour to give my ki=
ds an interesting experience (never filmed it).=C2=A0 I got out of the car =
checked the depth (between 4 and 8 inches from memory) and drove through, v=
f=3D"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Dbm3vIQgBHdA";>https://www.youtube.com=

--000000000000cb579e05d4ae6825--

--===============5389716987979525021==

spridgets@autox.team.net