carb question

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: carb question
From: jhankins@ix.netcom.com (Joe Hankins )
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 1996 16:07:43 -0700
I've just managed to figure out that my car came with a 600 cfm Holley
4-barrel. I think that might explain why the engine wants to bog down
when I start out in first, and also why it stumbles on occasion when I
stick my foot in it at low RPMs.

I've can get a good deal on a 450 CFM Holley, and am wondering if I
ought not just go ahead and swap rather than trying to make the 600 CFM
work better. Any thoughts?

Also, I've got a weird speedometer problem. The speedo doesn't
register, but when I disconnect the cable, I can see it turning when
the car is moving. I also can make the speedo register with a variable
speed drill. But when I connect the cable to the speedo, it doesn't
work. I've got a spare speedo, which also works with with the drill,
but it doesn't work when i hook up the cable. So, I've got two speedos
that appear to work, and a cable that appears to work, but, hook 'em
up, and no dice. What gives?

Joe