Re: carb question

To: tigers@autox.team.net, jhankins@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: carb question
From: Keith Bradshaw <bradshaw@utdallas.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 1996 18:50:24 -0500
                   I've just managed to figure out that my car came with a 600
cfm Holley
         4-barrel. I think that might explain why the engine wants to bog down
         when I start out in first, and also why it stumbles on occasion when I
         stick my foot in it at low RPMs.

        Is the vacuum operated secondary overridden by a mechanical linkage or
inserted screw?
        This could bog you down at low revs.  That is the secondaries are
opened by your foot instead
        of the vacuum diaphraphm.

                        Different Problem but useful to tell about......

        I had a vacuum 1850 on mine and found at 100+ in 4th the car would go
faster at 1/2 throttle
        than at full throttle!!!!

        Got the Holley secondary diaphgrahm spring set and finally put the
black springs in (which were
        the weakest), and then finally I went faster wide open than at half
throttle.

        I think I wasn't developing enough vacuum to work the stiff spring
secondaries until I closed
        the throttle which then opened the secondaries.  Wide open ,the spring
would pull them closeder.

        regards

        mBrad