Re: Tiger Wheel Swap

To: tigers@alpine.b17a.ingr.com, johnhaynes@som-uky.campus.mci.net
Subject: Re: Tiger Wheel Swap
From: winbladg@apps5.credence.com (Gary Winblad)
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 96 10:21:03 PDT
>    I have LAT wheels which I would like to remove and store. I want to
>replace them with a modern alloy wheel from a salvage yard. The bolt pattern
>is Ford, so for this is all I have figured out. I thought it would be easier to
>ask the list. TIRE SIZES??  CLEARANCES?? WHEEL WIDTH??
>Has anyone tried a 14" wheel with a 60 or 65 series tire??

Look into the Porsche 924 (late '70s) optional alloy wheel.  14x6 with
a real good offset for the Tiger.  With these 215/50/14 (rare size)
or the real common 195/6014 seem to fit just fine.  I think all the
924s have died and there used to be just tons of 'em around here so
their wheels must be plentiful in the junkyards.  They do require some
re-machining for the lug nuts and the front hubs, Cullen and Harold
have some solutions.

Gary Winblad   B9470622
San Jose, Ca