Re: NOSTALGIA QUESTION.

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: NOSTALGIA QUESTION.
From: tigerpb@ids.net (Paul Burr)
Date: Fri, 17 May 1996 13:33:16 -0400

>> >        -Has anyone out there seen a REAL FORD THUNDERBOLT? I received a
>> >

>> >                         Phil LeBrun
>>

>> Phil: Tasca Ford in E. Providence, RI. still owns the Thunderbolt they
>> raced in the sixties! I saw it last year at their Grand Re-opening. It's
>> been restored to it's original glory. Bob Tasca also had his low mileage
>> GT350 on display. He was a Shelby dealer back then, and was wise to hang
>>

>I believe he was the original Cobra dealer.  Most of the very early
>snakes were shipped to Tasca's dealership.
>
>Roland
He also got the contract to sell off most of the GT350H's when Hertz was
done with them.  My uncle David bought a beautiful black and gold one. This
was a mighty impressive car, as any 10 year old boy would have thought back
then. An interseting aside; my uncle didn't have the cash for snow tires
that winter, so he let about half the air our of the back tires to get more
traction. He forgot about this, and when the spring thaw came, blew up the
rear end while doing a monster burn out. I guess the increased traction
realy worked on dry pavement. Being a young guy fresh out of the navy(who
had shot his entire savings to buy the car), he had no cash to fix it. So
he sold it cheap. I love busting him about unloading that car to this very
day.