Re[2]: Fuel Fountain

To: tigers@autox.team.net, Bennett Cullen <p21988@gegpo8.geg.mot.com>
Subject: Re[2]: Fuel Fountain
From: LeBrun@hii.hitachi.com
Date: Fri, 17 May 96 16:47:07 PST

     -The TIGER I purchased has an "aftermarket" electric pump (Stewart
      Warner) and a Le Mans center-pivot Holley. The previous owner found
      that even after shutoff, the residual pressure in the line was
      enough to cause fuel to continue to "creep" into the carb.,
      especially when hot or after hard driving and cornering. This led
      to some exciting start-ups later on.

     -SOLUTION: installation of an adjustable fuel regulator. Mine also has
                an integrally-mounted replaceable filter, which is a nice
                plus at tune-up time.Maybe not a "stock" or "pure"
                solution, but it works just as well.

                             Phil LeBrun   B382002328.