Odds and Ends

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Odds and Ends
From: NamasteRH@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 May 1996 06:22:03 -0400
Greetings All:

First, I would like to thank everyone who responded to my recent inquiry
regarding my electrical problems.  I received several good suggestions and
have since solved most of my those difficulties.  As it stands, I am cleaning
up some odds and ends in order to get the beast roadworthy (why is it that
odds and ends so often end oddly?).  I'll worry about aesthetics like paint
colors later.

So here are my odds and ends:

1) You may recall I was having horn problems.  I determined I had bad hooters
and have ordered replacements, however I STILL have a ground problem (the
lack thereof) and to solve it (and my steering wheel adjustment problems) I
need parts that I cannot find.  I need, from the top of the steering column
(look in your workshop manuals folks), the Conical Spring, the Expander Bolt
Extension, the Nylon Circlip, the Steering Wheel Adjusting Nut (that caps the
steering column) and the bolt that holds it to the Expander Bolt Extension.
 Anyone demolishing a parts car?

2) My hydraulic reservoirs have disintegrating rubber seals in the caps.
 Anyone know where to find replacements for an early Mk 1 Tiger?  According
to the Victoria British catalog the caps are not the same as on the Alpine,
and that is the only catalog I found that even mentions having caps (I
checked Tiger Tom's, Classic Sunbeam, and Sunbeam Specialties catalogs too).
 I would rather not buy caps because I only need the seals.  Is this a common
problem?  Is there a workaround?  Can I get a side of fries with that?  (Just
seeing if you were still paying attention.)

3) I know we have talked about this before, BUT...
I need new headlights (now that they work again) and would appreciate any
suggestions.  I have the stock generator and don't want to convert to an
alternator for more output.  I know I should not be wanting to drive a
British car in the dark, but sometimes it is unavoidable.

4) Windshield wiper motors.  I have two.  Neither seems to run.  If I measure
for continuity  at the wires I get two that are connected inside the housing
and one that is not.  Anyone know what I SHOULD be seeing?  And which of the
leads get power and which get switched to ground by the dashboard switch?
 Also, I have a brush kit on the way to me, in case that is the problem.  Any
suggestions on how to clean the innards up without destroying anything?  I
plead total ignorance where analog circuits are concerned, and motors even
more so.

That's about it for now.

Thanks for your time and bandwidth.

Rick Hoefle (1964 Tiger B9470508)