Re: Odds and Ends

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Odds and Ends
From: STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Date: Tue, 21 May 96 09:32:15 -0600
Item Subject: Odds and Ends

If you aren't going to be driving much at night, there's no need for anything
exotic or marginally legal.  Just stick in some standard 7" halogen sealed beam
replacements, available almost everywhere.  Their power requirements are not
much different from the original bulbs, but the light is up to modern legal
standards.  I've been running them for years with my stock (rebuilt and tested
at 30A) generator.  Maybe if you look closely you will notice that they do dim a
bit at idle.  Big Deal.  Unless all you do is idle, the generator can easily
keep the battery up.

Stu