Re: Holley Carb Questions

To: cobra@cdc.hp.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Holley Carb Questions
From: GCScoop@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 May 1996 14:20:21 -0400

>My HiPo 289 originally had a 715cfm Holley 4-barrel (3259) on it which I
>plan to reuse when I put the HiPo back in the Cobra.  This carburetor is
>currently in pieces and while I have in apart, I was thinking about
>making some improvements.  One change I'd like to make is to replace the
>original nose (Le Mans?)  type float chambers.  These are center-pivot
>but have to be removed to set the float level.  I'd like to use the type
>that allow adjusting the float level externally.
>
>I have another Holley (a 3310) with externally adjustable chambers.
>These chambers look like they would bolt right on to my 3259, but I
>don't know if they will work, and if they do, would the float level be
>correct if set the same as for the carb they came off of?  Also I would
>like to replace the original composition floats with brass since I've
>had problems in the past with the composition type losing buoyancy after
>a while.

>When I says this carb is apart, I mean completely.  I even removed the
>throttle shafts.  These shafts had what appear to be plastic seals on
>them which were pretty well chewed up in the disassembly process.  I
>assume replacements seals are available?  These are small rectangular
>pieces that wrap around the shafts.  Or perhaps I can have them replaced
>somewhere?

>Finally.  Is there a good place in the South San Francisco Bay Area
>for Holley parts and service?

>Thanks,

>Roland

Roland,
           I think that's what I used when I was useing my 3259 on my MkII.
As for finding brass floats they still may be available new and used one's
are around. If you can't find any I may still have some in my garage. The
float level should be close but I would check it anyway,  Gary Cooper
B382100128.