Re: Restoration Questions

To: RZIMM@hhh.umn.edu, tigers@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Restoration Questions
From: LeBrun@hii.hitachi.com
Date: Fri, 24 May 96 15:11:50 PST
     Randy/Rob:

           -Our TIGER was originally color-code 86..now is PORSCHE
            RASBERRY. PO's family owns VERY LARGE paint/body shop
            in south Sacramento area. They used gray primer and then
            2nd-coat of white so the final color would take right.

           -Torsion bars..aren't they usually a "hard" steel like 4140?
            Hammering on them can change temper/chemical structure.
            Shouldn't they be striaghtened in a jig with the proper
            application of heat and then quenched in the proper
            medium?

           -Our car came with the bolt-on bars. I agree, they look
            sharp too.

                                     Phil