Re: Grasping for a thread/Upper grill finisher

To: marrone@wco.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Grasping for a thread/Upper grill finisher
From: JEFF_CARTER@HP-Cupertino-om5.om.hp.com
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 96 10:26:09 -0600
Item Subject: Grasping for a thread/Upper grill finisher

Frank/All,

I can't offer anything w/ regards to the grill trim, it's in great shape on
mine.  But I'd like to add another question or two to the list w/ regards to the
front bumper and the valance(I think it's called a valance...the sheet metal
behind and below the front bumper).  I don't beleive my bumper is as curved as
it should be and the upper deck of the front valance is curved upward.

Bumper question 1:  What are some of the tricks of the back yard mechanic to
reshape a bumper.

Bumper question 2:  When mounting the bumper, how is it supposed to be aligned?
I've looked at a number of pictures and while looking from the side of the car,
some 'beamers have the upper line of the bumper aligned on a horizontal w/ the
ground.  Others have the lower edge aligned horizontally w/ the ground.  Still
others are anywhere in between.

Valance question:  With the bumper removed and viewing from the front (not from
above the car), is the upper deck of the valance (right below the grill opening)
supposed to be straight or is there a slight curve towards the almighty Tiger in
the sky?  It appears to me that this section has been pushed upward since the PO
has introduced the lower portion of the valance to its share of sidewalks.

Jeff