Re: American Racing Wheels

To: Jay Laifman <JLAIFMAN@PNM.MHS.CompuServe.COM>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: American Racing Wheels
From: Dave McDermott <mcdermott_d@WIZARD.COLORADO.EDU>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 1996 13:48:56 -0600
        If they are the same ones I had they were also made out of real
magnesium. I have been told that magnesium naturally gets brittle with age.
I can verify that the front two I once had on one of my Tigers cracked
around the bolt holes with just normal driving. As soon as I noticed the
cracks I stopped using those wheels on my Tigers. Most other "mag" type
wheels are made out of aluminum alloy and do not have this problem.