Re: Radiators

To: usfmdgbj@ibmmail.com
Subject: Re: Radiators
From: tjhiggin@alpine.b17a.ingr.com (T.J. Higgins)
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 96 15:28:36 CDT
>   Are you familiar with a person in Indiana that offers exchange 4-row
>   core radiators for Tigers?  He is supposed to be listed in the TE/AE
>   Survivors book.  Please forward me his name and phone number, plus
>   any comments on his radiators.

Northside Radiators
1313 N. Heidelbacg Ave.
Evansville, IN  47711
812-423-7717

There are a couple of articles in the book about this radiator core.
The core itself is made by Mangum and is available throughout the U.S.
One article says 5-10 degreess improvement should be seen with the
Mangum core.  Another article claimed no improvement.

The following paragraphs are taken direct from the TE/AE Survivors
book.

"A RADAC core is now available from North Side Radiators.  This core
is 2-1/8 inches deep with 4-1/2 inch tubes on 1/2 inch centers.  It
provides the same amount of flow as the 2-3/8 inch Mangum core but in
a shallower package, for those of you who want a very stock appearnce.
The cost is a considerable increase over the Mangum, but if
originality is a concern, it is an alternative.  This radiator was
installed in the Harrington-bodied Sunbeam Tiger with excellent
results.

"The custom radiator people at North Side Radiator are familiar with
the Tiger radiator and the cores available.  When shipping your
radiator, include your name, address, phone, and the core size, and 11
continuous fins per inch.  Turn-around time has been running about two
weeks.  The price is still reasonable, and the service quality.  One
of the biggest advantages of this modification is that it is a turn
key setup.  The radiator comes to you ready to install."

--
T.J. Higgins
tjhiggin@ingr.com