SAAC's "Tiger History"

To: alpines@autox.team.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: SAAC's "Tiger History"
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 1996 16:43:05 -0700
I checked out a softback book I have called Shelby American
Cobra/Mustang, published by Hot Rod Magazine and prepared by the Shelby
American Automobile Club.  In it is an article entitled "The Tiger
Connection".  Here's SAAC's take on Tiger History.

Garrad convinced Lord Rootes' son Brian to quietly put up the $10k for
his Tiger project without Brian's father's knowledge.  Garrad contracted
Miles to do a feasibility study, basically consisting of an engine swap
with no set back.  He contracted Shelby to do a total engineering
package which included:

                       engine set back
                       modified firewall/gearbox tunnel
                       stiffened chassis
                       spring rate changes
                       rack and pinion steering
                       large capacity radiator
                       battery relocation to the trunk
                       bunch of other smaller mods

The Mile's conversion took 5 days and cost $800.  The Shelby version
took 3 months and was the one presented to Rootes for approval.

Remember, I'm just passing along what I read, not necessarily agreeing
with it.

Roland