Re: More finisher questions

To: marrone@wco.com
Subject: Re: More finisher questions
From: NamasteRH@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 1996 00:13:16 -0400
In a message dated 96-06-24 10:51:04 EDT, Frank writes:

<< I have a few more questions about the grill opening brightwork on my MKI
Tiger,

 Can anyone tell me how the LOWER grill finisher attaches to the top of the
 valance?  Is the lower finisher supposed to have a slight arc to it?

 Where should the Rootes badge on the grill center bar sit with relation to
 the grill opening?  Front of badge just flush with front of upper finisher?
 Badge sticks out past front of finisher?  How much?

 Frank Marrone          MK I Tiger B9471116

Frank:

Sorry about the delay in getting back at you.  Your post reminded me, so I
went out to the garage and checked my car.

By "finisher" do you mean the bracket connected to the badge?  Or is it the
painted metal that the badge bracket connects to?  Please explain, because I
too may be missing stuff.

Here is what I saw on my car.  The badge on my car is missing the bracket
portions on the rear plate of the badge, BUT the bracket screw is still in
place, so I can tell you with authority that the back of the badge sits even
with the front of the valence.  BTW, my valence is all one piece, painted
black from the shadow line of the upper opening into where the radiator is.
 I only have a chrome trim piece around the top of that opening.  The badge
bracket appears to have been connected at the top to that chrome (just under
the "B" of SUNBEAM).

Hope all of this was of some use.  I could better answer if I understood the
terminology a little better.  Educate me, please.

Rick Hoefle (B9470508)