Re: The Grand Sport Corvettes

To: tigers@autox.team.net, "G.S.Sutherland" <G.S.Sutherland@phil.hull.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: The Grand Sport Corvettes
From: LeBrun@hii.hitachi.com
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 96 09:56:36 PST
     Graeme;

     -Thx. much. Couple newer questions. The Grand Sport I saw running
     looked to have a shorter wheelbase, and I was told later it was 3/4 of
     the stock Corvette w/b. Was this the original configuration or was
     this done in it's change into the "roadster" version? Same source also
     said the 3 were scrapped, the one I saw was the only car still
     running, with the last one in the proverbial barn somewhere being used
     as a chicken coop.

     -Didn't DUNTOV go on to sell aftermarket stuff later? (1960's/1970's)
     I seem to recall at that time they were the "hot" set-up in cams,
     along with ISKY, before all the other players entered the field.

                                 Phil