New thread - Fuses/Electrical Protection

To: "'Tiger List'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: New thread - Fuses/Electrical Protection
From: W Goebner <wpgoebn@pacbell.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 1996 15:09:51 -0700
Last year while driving, I hit a substantial bump in the road.  Then
my windshield wipers moved a couple of inches and ... SMOKE
from under the dash board.

 Luckily I just happened to have a wrench next to the battery and
was able to disconnect it before major damage resulted.  I did have
to replace a few wires to the wiper motor in my harness.  I never
did find out the cause.

My question:
=========
What can I do to prevent that from happening again?  It would have
been much better, I think, to have a fuse blow instead of a fire.
Have any of you added any electrical protection to your cars?  I'd
like to know what you did.

Since then, I added a 10 fuse block instead of the 2 fuse stock one
but that is not enough.  The lighting circuits are not safe.  Has any
one installed fusible links. If so, how!

I want my car to be as safe as possible.  Er ... well!  Electrically
safe any way.

Bill Goebner - Woodside, California - STOA
wpgoebn@PacBell.com