Re[2]: New thread - Fuses/Electrical Protection

To: STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re[2]: New thread - Fuses/Electrical Protection
From: LeBrun@hii.hitachi.com
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 96 08:35:02 PST
     Re Lucas:

     -I found that if I let our TIGER sit for 2-3 weeks without driving,
     even with a new battery & properly primed & tuned, it starts hard
     sometimes. At the local Kragen's in the battery section I found a
     quick disconnect, all Brass, with a knurled, threaded knob that holds
     the cable clamp together. It's spring "loaded" so as to let you slide
     the cable off when the knob is removed.The knob can then be put in
     your pocket when you leave the car, if you desire. Cost was
     $4.00-to-$5.00.

     They also sell an in-line "keyed" switch for the same purpose,usually
     for adding between the battery hot & solenoid switch. I've seen these
     on some race cars on the outside of the car for trackside power
     "offing".

     I've always added a little on/off switch in-line between my coil
     primary and distributor for quick shut-off during tune-ups or
     whatever. (yeah, I have forgotten to turn it back on). This beats
     always having to go back to the key to switch it off.It also is a good
     theft preventer, especially "tucked" in a not too-visible location.

                                     Phil