Louvers.

To: Tiger listserver <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Louvers.
From: Derrick Schmidt <dschmidt@hsc.usc.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 1996 11:11:05 -0700 (PDT)
My first posting.

'66 Ia (I've had it since ~ '84) w/ lots of UNORIGINAL "improvements",
"Grabber Blue" (like some '70 Boss 302's), Panasports, Hurst shifter, Al
heads, bigger valves, balanced, etc., headers ... temp. problems (surprise,
surprise!).  I have an extra hood I want to louver.  Any suggestions for
where to have this done.  I live on the west side of Los Angeles (Santa
Monica) but will do some driving (or shipping) for a good quality:price
ratio.

My Tiger is "in storage" due to the fact that I'm back in school and the
$'s are not flowing.  With proper motivation I would like to siphon off
some $'s from more "responsible" uses so that when I can afford to drive
my adrenaline inducer again it will be ready.

I also noticed a posting go by about the vents through the fender walls.
Do they help?  Where, how?  Input would be appreciated.  I have a custom 4
core with two electric fans on the front.  I think I need to mainly get
more flow through it.  I does OK on the road, but when I hit traffic it's
touch & go (when does one NOT hit traffic in the L.A. area?).

Something for you guys to compare notes on (should be entertaining!).  I'm
in no particular hurry.

Thanks in advance.

Derrick Schmidt
dschmidt@hsc.usc.edu