AIR CLEANER REPRO.

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: AIR CLEANER REPRO.
From: LeBrun@hii.hitachi.com
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 96 09:22:23 PST
     All;

     -Thx. for all the comments, support, advice, etc. Even negative and
     possible pitfalls are welcome.When it comes time to "turn on the
     switch", I want to get the optimum results for the majority of
     interested parties.

     -My next step is to use a complete sample for the prototype work-up &
     first-article buyoff. This would include a filter element and required
     fittings, etc.

     -Being a newby to the TIGER universe, I'm unsure of all, if any,
     possible finish combinations that may have existed for the filter
     housing itself. It might be best to have them formed, but left
     unfinished & passivated, leaving the final finish callout up to the
     purchaser. This would leave everyone the option of painting, plating,
     Alodining, etc. to match their cars.

     Is this the way to go or would the majority want a repro unit finished
     like the most-common original ones? Remember, leaving them unfinished
     keeps the mfg. costs lower.

     -Oh, another thing. I really don't give a d**n about any fame, fortune
     or "Hall of Shame" notoriety for this. Like most of us, I have more
     than enough on my plate, both professionally and personally. I
     honestly & naively thought of the classic  mktng. maxim of seeing a
     possible un-filled demand and wanting to do something about it.

                                 Phil