Hot Fun in the Summertime

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Hot Fun in the Summertime
From: Seth Johnson <johnss@ids.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 1996 16:24:31 -0400
Wow, I am two or three Rolling Rocks hot. Just got back from British Car Day &
I am
resolved to seal up my hole-y firewall and put some insulation under my carpets.
  First, I have to replace my surefire straight throttle linkage with the
original cable
so I can do away with the largish slot I cut in the firewall for the throttle
rod and
seal off the hole that passesso much heat. Trouble is, I have an Offy 360 dual
plane
manifold. Anyone have a pattern for making a new bracket to fasten the cable to
the
manifold? The stock bracket locates the cable in the wrong position.
   Secondly, I hear of lots of different solutions to insulating the carpeted
area.
Unfortunately, I have chrome headers & I need to get some efficient insulation.
Some
talk about a foil backed material you can get at lumber yards. Still others
advise stuff
you can get through street rodder mail order that hot rodders use. I do want to
get
something not too bulky that will fit under my carpets. Your advise and your
experiences
are most welcome. I'm going to uncork another cold beer. Al J.