Re[2]: Hot Fun in the Summertime

To: tigers@autox.team.net, "Les McClelland, x4526" <LESM@uvsg.com>
Subject: Re[2]: Hot Fun in the Summertime
From: LeBrun@hii.hitachi.com
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 96 10:54:50 PST
     C'mon...

     -Insulation for a TIGER? A "little" heat? Do "real" car owners care?
     Maybe we all should trade in our TIGERS for a KIA...then we won't have
     anything to bitch about.

     -Stick your head inside a NASCAR car at Phoenix In'tl. Raceway or
     Talledaga in July after it's run about 100 laps.... The ol' TIGER will
     seem positively cool by comparison.

Unfortunately, I have chrome headers & I need to get some efficient
insulation. Some talk about a foil backed material you can get at lumber
yards. Still others
advise stuff you can get through street rodder mail order that hot
rodders use. I do want
to get something not too bulky that will fit under my carpets. Your
advise and your
experiences are most welcome. I'm going to uncork another cold beer. Al
J.

I have used the foil faced bubble wrap looking material with very good
results (has an R Rating of 7 I believe).  I used it in the place of
carpet padding throughout the entire vehicle.  The material is available
at most warehouse lumber type stores (Payless Cashways, Builders Square,
Home Depot, etc.), and is now very reasonable (was not 5 years ago when I
did it.)
It also is good for noise dampening.  There is now little heat coming
from the firewall or tranny tunnel.

Les McClelland - Tulsa, OK
Lesm@prevuenet.com