More Cockpit Heat

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: More Cockpit Heat
From: STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 96 13:40:24 -0600
Item Subject: cc:Mail Text

     Old timers on this network may remember the discussions about heater
     valves over the winter.  I had found mine to be leaky (as in not
     shutting off, not dripping on the ground), and replaced it with the
     Tiger Technologies part.

     Well, heading for British Car Day this weekend, I got to do my first
     hot weather drive with the valve in place, and it made a noticeable
     difference.  I could open the heater and get more relatively cool air
     on my toes.  It ain't AC, but it's better.

     So, along with air leaks (see my comment a week or so back), check for
     leaky heater valves.

     I haven't had a shot at the "lifted rear of the hood" test yet, to see
     if this will help cool things off, but I hope to get it in within a
     couple weeks.

     Stu