Moma always says "Slick is as Slick does!"

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Moma always says "Slick is as Slick does!"
From: tigerpb@ids.net (Paul Burr)
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 20:32:07 -0400
 Solution to a really annoying problem.

Here's a simple fix for the lift the dot studs that are on the side of the
car, closest to the doors. The sheet metal had ovaled itself out, and the
end of
top boot was flapping in the breeze.  It's impossible to get your hand in
there to put a nut on from the back side. I made a sheet metal square (@
3/4") with a hole (same dia. as the screw on the top stud) drilled in it. I
fed the steel wire through the stud hole,(on the car) and under the metal
bin that holds the top when it's folded.(This fix works best with the top
folded down.)
 Then, I tied the thread to the wire, and the sheet metal patch to the end
of the thread. I then pulled the metal patch up under the ovaled out stud
hole on the body. The thread held the patch in place while I started
screwing in the lift the dot stud.
The screw caught, and the thread was thin enough to not to interfere with
the screw. Worked like a charm!