289 MK1a tiger

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: 289 MK1a tiger
From: gary_winblad@juno.com (Gary A Winblad)
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 19:45:38 PST
Ed,

Are you sure it is a 289?   The Tiger 260 looks the same outside (3
freeze plugs
and wide motor mounts).  What is the casting number under the starter
motor?
I'm curious because my new car has a '67 289 but its NOT original.  Also,
the
V8 badges are normal for most MK1a cars I believe.

Gary Winblad   B9470622  B9470585