Re: Leaf spring repair/replacement

To: MJORQUERA@intergate.dot.gov
Subject: Re: Leaf spring repair/replacement
From: STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 96 07:57:12 -0600
Item Subject: Leaf spring repair/replacement
     My previous owner added rather robust clamp on helper leafs to raise
     and stiffen the rear (and control axel tramp), and put a stiffer roll
     bar on the front to compensate.  The ride really sucked, so I took the
     helper leaf off, leaving the front bar.

     He may have gone too far with stiffness, but a little research might
     turn up a better part.

     Also, consider either air shocks or "load levelers" (shocks with
     external helper coil springs).  Tom Stoyle (Ohio) ran the air shocks,
     and could tune the height of the rear end to suit his tastes, the
     load, etc.  Air shocks were not recommended by the serious autocross
     set.

     Stu Brennan