Re: Leaf spring repair/replacement

To: marrone@wco.com
Subject: Re: Leaf spring repair/replacement
From: gary_winblad@juno.com (Gary A Winblad)
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 1996 21:37:13 PST
On Wed, 24 Jul 1996 23:26:33 -0700 (PDT) marrone@wco.com (Frank Marrone)
writes:
>I'm very interested to hear which after-market springs look stock, but
>not
>identical to stock!!

I bought Dale's springs.. they look close enough at a glance.  They have
small front
eyes and are supposed to be slightly stiffer with a ride height close to
stock (unlike
the CAT springs that are hi-riders).

>On a related note, how easy is it to swap a Ford 9" rear into a Tiger
>(or an
>Alpine).  Their big.  The Dana is plenty strong enough but it sure
>would be
>nice to have the convenience the removable carrier has to offer.

How about an 8" ??  Same removable carrier and still lots bigger (and
tougher?) than the Dana 44.  Easy to fit, call Currie.  My Alger has it
and the guy that built it just sent them the Alpine rear and they
narrowed
and set it up to just bolt in.

Gary