RE: Vacuum bleeding

To: Tiger Clan <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Vacuum bleeding
From: Jarrid Gross <GROSS@unit.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 13:37:00 -0700

>in the past I have mounted the cylinder dry, and then connected a fitting
>with a short piece of rubber hose back into the top of the reservoir and
>then filled it up with fluid. You can then pump the pedal to circulate the
>fluid until all the bubbles are removed. There is still the risk of
>introducing a few bubbles when disconnecting this and reattaching the
>regular brake line, but there are minimal bubbles to contend with.
>
>Cullen

A variation on this theme is the old vacuum pump trick.
Sun makes low cost hand pumps with various adapters ect. for bleeding most
anything.  Ive found this to be the only way to bleed brakes perfectly
without a helper.

No mess and it takes longer to get to the hardware than it takes to do the
bleeding itself.

Cost is about $30 and no tool box should be without one.

Jarrid Gross