Uncooperative Tiger

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Uncooperative Tiger
From: awtiger@ix.netcom.com
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 15:43:14 -0700
Calling all Tiger people!  I've got a weird problem that has never come up
for me before with my '67 Mk1A.  On March 31st of this year, I was on my way
to a  chili feed put on by the Oklahoma Region of the Shelby Club.  It was
my first outing with my factory hardtop on the car and I was really excited
to show it to everybody.  Well, to make a long story extremely abrupt, I got
half way there when the car just died.  I had noticed it cutting out about
twice just a few miles before but didn't think much of it.  Come to find
out, the coil had keeled over.  I replaced the coil on the side of the road
and, since by this time the chili feed was over, I drove on home.  I got
within two miles of home and it died again without warning.  This time,
however, it started right back up again and I was able to get it home.  From
that day til the present, I never know if it is going to die on me.  It's as
if someone reached up and turned the key off...no warning or
sputtering...just dead.  But it always starts right back up with no waiting.
I have replaced the condenser, coil, ignition switch, low tension lead on
the distributor and the ballast resistor and still she quits on me.  I can't
trust it and I'm getting rather frustrated as it is summer and I've only had
it out a handful of times.  What in the world am I missing?  Has anybody had
this problem before?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!