Re: replies to Phil, Paul & Gary

To: tigers@autox.team.net, lrw@aop.com
Subject: Re: replies to Phil, Paul & Gary
From: Keith Bradshaw <bradshaw@utdallas.edu>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 10:36:37 -0500 (CDT)
All:

On rollbars, my 1A has always had one, however, I have had remarkably few
complete rollovers in 30 some years of driving and owning 39 cars.
I've hard run just about every sports car around from a Jag XKSS to
the prototype Sports 2000.

I have had partial rollovers but never complete ones, however far outnumbering
this have been rear enders, me colliding with something, and lately (last 8
years) a lot of side impacts.  (only one of these in the 1A)

The Tiger rollbar I have is perfectly setup to crack my skull open in
a rear ender.  If I go higher on the bar then the hardtop won't go on and
my experience in collisions is that I will be flung upward even with
competition belts to hit the top of the hardtop.

I remember my old Lotus Elan was rated by Mr. Chapman to stand a rollover
with just its windshield frame.

  Perhaps Sunbeam had some data on this with the Tiger?
Myself, I doubt it because of the glass frame mount is so flimsy.

I could wear my helmet everywhere, but it hurts vision on nice night drives.

mBrad