Re: replies to Phil, Paul & Gary

To: bradshaw@utdallas.edu (Keith Bradshaw)
Subject: Re: replies to Phil, Paul & Gary
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 96 11:00:20 PDT
> On rollbars, my 1A has always had one, however, I have had remarkably few
> complete rollovers in 30 some years of driving and owning 39 cars.
> I've hard run just about every sports car around from a Jag XKSS to
> the prototype Sports 2000.

What convinced me is a freeway rollover I saw on the way to work about a
month ago.  A car was clipped slightly by a lane changer, got a bit
sideways, was hit by a truck that was following a little too closely and
rolled over three times.  I doubt there was much the driver could have
done to avoid what happen to him after being clipped.  Sure got me to
thinking.

I gather a Tiger's rollbar support goes through the truck lid?  427
Cobra rollbars do that too, but on small-block Cobras the support
goes into the floor on the passenger's side.  This is one of the reasons
that I removed mine.

Can a Tiger rollbar be supported that way?

Roland