Roll bars

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Roll bars
From: "STEVEN M. METCALFE" <MS02488@msbg.med.ge.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1996 12:23:16 -0500
 .int tigers@autox.team.net

 When I purchased my Tiger, the PO had a chrome roll bar installed which
 attached in 3 places in the back seat area.  They had bolted on each side
 on the edge of the back seat, a kind of hinge affair where the roll bar
 was attached by running a bolt through 2 holes.  The 3rd point was a
 receiver bolted on the hump in the middle of the back seat which secured
 the 3rd point of the roll bar with a pin.

 It was kind of a cool set up because it fit under both the hardtop and
 softtop and, if you pulled the pin on the middle point, put the seats
 forward, you could push the roll bar forward laying it against the backs
 of the seats and be able to snap the tonneau down.
 I didnt care for it, as I am restoring the car to as original as
 financially possible, so I took it out and welded up the bolt holes.

 I still have it if anyone is interested in it.  It's just taking up
 space in the garage attic.

 Its probably some obscure LAT option...;-)

 Steve
 B9470636