Re: Deadly Defects and lots more

To: wickland@eng.adaptec.com
Subject: Re: Deadly Defects and lots more
From: gary_winblad@juno.com (Gary A Winblad)
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1996 20:50:39 PST
>I didn't get the same message from Paul's post.  The message that I
>got was
>more along the lines of a question.  Is a failure that soon or with
>duty
>that light reasonable.  Without assigning any fault, it seems like a
>pretty
>short life to me. Gary, your origonals have 150K miles on them.  I
>would
>expect more life out of a "new" part.  When I bought new fulcrum pins
>for my
>car I didn't go out and have them Magnafluxed.  Used parts are
>obviously sold
>"As is", it's sounded like these were new?.

In reading the responses and my own hasty conclusions due to my
distast for anyone even threatening legal action,  I am ashamed at my
 last post.   Certainly any issue involving death and/or injury should be
given top priority and if in fact these parts are defective, every
attermpt
to inform those using them should have already been conducted.  Have
any others failed?   Do they fail any more often than the originals
(which
we all know have failed).  What is exactly wrong with these parts (and
the originals) and is there anyway to check them?  I'm already worried
about my 150K originals...  should I have them magafluxed??  Sounds
like it would make a great tech tip!

Gary