Re: British AA

To: Jay Laifman <JLAIFMAN@pnm.mhs.compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: British AA
From: Steven Laifman <av342@lafn.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996 17:28:27 +0100
Jay, and other freinds,

Whilst in London I chanced to visit the RAC (Royal Automobile Club),
which is in some sort of partnership with our Auto Club.  Got free maps,
bought big map books, road information, etc.  They had an amazing
collection of old RAC badges on display from a collector.  They were
from the horseless carriage days on, and they all said RAC.  They had
cruising motorcycle patrols to give you assistance, as telephones were
rareer thatn automobiles, and they looked for the badge on the disabled
cars.

Now about the "AA" badge of AA New Coventry St., London, W.1.  This is
central Londonium, as it was named by the Romans, who started the AA New
Coventry.  This is the Coventry local branch of the Roman Imperial
Alcoholics Anonymous.  King Henry the Eighth, who hated just about
everybody, made it a Royal decree that the "foreign organization from
Rome is forfeit of all its rights and properties", and conficated
chuches, monesteries, moneis, property, businesses, etc. for his and
friends use.  He took particular delight in the AA group by decreeing
that all these "Anonymous" Roman Sympathizers must publicly display
their obsession on person and horse or carriage under penalty of
forcible organ donation.  Today, of course, the laws are much more
civilized and they just take your car, property, and first born.  So I
can confirm Jay's warning, and believe that the rights and privileges go
with the badge and consequent possessors.  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! (;>

Steve
--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most     >
B9472289              < important in your life    >

                         _/
                    _/_/_/