Re: British AA

To: richard.fedorchak@gsfc.nasa.gov
Subject: Re: British AA
From: STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 96 06:57:05 -0600
     Rick:

     I've got an original AA badge, too, with the same color and other
     details.  Mine was presented to me at SUNI 2 by a contact from
     Scotland.  He said the AA is sort of like our AAA, providing breakdown
     services, etc.  Years back, they had roving motorcycle patrols, who
     would salute members they passed, and provide aid to the unfortunate
     victims of the Prince.  I suspect the threat about ownership was about
     as effective as the similar warning on our milk crates.

     My friend said the badge is correct for the mid 60's, which seems to
     be substantiated on cars in the numerous British mysteries that show
     up on A+E, PBS, etc.  Today's badge is a sticker, or some plastic
     thing.

     By the way, I mounted mine on my Mk 1A without drilling the grill bar.
      I bought a piece of strap iron at a hardware store and fashioned a
     bracket that mounts to two hood hinge bolts, and pokes out through the
     grille without touching anything.  I put longer bolts in on one side
     of the hinge, so that they would accept the bracket and some "Nylock"
     stop nuts.

     Stu Brennan