Ride Height

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Ride Height
From: nicholsj@oakwood.org
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 96 14:29:11 EST

     With all the recent e-mails about suspensions I thought it was time to
     take a close look at my Tiger. Looking at my Tiger's front springs
     over the weekend I noticed what look like spacer blocks stuck between
     the coil springs on both sides. Did stock Tigers come with spacer
     blocks or is this something the PO might have done? My next question
     has to do with the correct ride height, front and back, of a Tiger.
     What is it and how do you measure it. Also, at what point should
     springs be replaced and the front end rebuilt. My Tiger is supposed to
     have 48,000+ miles according to the odometer. Any help and info is
     appreciated. Thanks.

     Jeff (MK1 B9471120)